- :: Literary forms (Gathering term; do not assign)
- :: SN: Gathering term; do not use; index under a narrower term.
- : Fiction
- . Bildungsromans
- . HN: Form of term changed from Bildungsromane; SN and UFs added,
. changes approved 20100115
- . SN: Use for novels in which the theme is the development of a
. character from youth to adulthood.
- . Dime novels
- . Epistolary novels
- . HN: Changed 1/91. Formerly, "Epistolary novels" may have been
. indexed as "Epistolary fiction.
- . Gothic novels
- . HN: Changed 1/91. Formerly, "Gothic novels" may have been
. indexed as "Gothic fiction.
- . Penny dreadfuls
- . Picture novels
- . Plot-your-own stories
- . SN: Use for novels which have the reader choose from a number
. of options to develop the story.
- . Romans à clef
- . Yellowbacks
Send comments to Ryan Hildebrand, Controlled Vocabularies editor.